Polish game studio Event Horizon shared the latest trailer for their upcoming RPG Dark Envoy today, giving curious players a closer look at the game’s sibling leads: Malakai and Kaela. The journey begins with tragedy, and they have many tough decisions ahead of them — some that will change the course of Dark Envoy’s rich, fantasy world of Jäan.
Dark Envoy is a non-linear sci-fantasy RPG set in a world shaken by the dichotomy between magic and technology. Solo, or with a friend in a two-player co-op, players will travel the world using a Skyship as their base of operations. Jäan shifts with the passage of in-game time, so the decisions of where to go will often be as impactful as what you do when you arrive, taking on quests or world events and tipping the balance throughout this blossoming conflict.
Once you touch down, Dark Envoy features real-time combat with the ability to slow time or pause as you make important tactical choices where every moment can make the difference between triumph or failure. With a rich collection of companions — from assassins to engineers — and robust RPG systems, players will mold the crew and its two lead characters into something that fits their preferred playstyle.
Key Features if the game as highlighted in the press release are:
- Full Single/Co-op Campaign — Play Dark Envoy fully solo or with a friend
- Story Quests, Side-Quests, and Optional Shape-Shifting Dungeons — In addition to the bespoke main and side-quests, there are dungeons where the layouts and enemy patrol routes shift each time you enter
- Crew Your Airship With Companions — Recruit characters such as a Moon-Elf assassin, quirky engineer, ex-Imperial soldier, renowned Elven mercenary, and more
- Real-Time Combat — Tactics and your chosen companions are equally important in a combat system you can slow down and pause
- 4 Base Classes and 16 Specializations — Discover rare, hidden classes that can only be found in remote locations or through special quests
- Authentic RPG Systems — Experiment and adapt to your playstyle: Mix skill trees, boost individual abilities, and take advantage of an expansive crafting system featuring research and enchantment
- The World of Jäan — Rich, complex lore and narrative with mature writing that shapes the sci-fantasy world of Jäan, which features 15 different biomes that introduce a variety of gameplay mechanics
- Non-Linear RPG Narrative — Player choices impact the world: it can be destroyed or saved, and the stories that unfold will lead to multiple endings reflecting the characters’ personalities and decisions
- High-Production Values — Motion-captured animation, beautiful, scenic locations, and gorgeous combat effects all in 4k
Wishlist on Steam HERE, and be sure to stay tuned for more updates on Dark Envoy.
Kerri is a disabled assistant editor and news writer for BWT. She is motivated by her love of words, commas, comics, and all things geeky