Trashed Talk Podcast returns for another great episode with our Disney investor day review. Disney recently hosted a web show to show off everything they are planning for the next couple of years, and so much awesome news came out of it for Marvel, Disney, and Star Wars fans. Check out the episode to hear Trashed Talk’s opinions and breakdown of everything that was announced!
What we covered during our review of Disney investor day:
- Beauty and the Beast (working title), will star Luke Evans and Josh Gad and will have new music composed by Disney Legend Alan Menken.
- Ron Moore and Jon M. Chu will reimagine the classic Swiss Family Robinson.
- Additionally, the studio is developing Percy Jackson and the Olympians based on the bestselling book series by Rick Riordan from Disney Publishing Worldwide.
- The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers, which picks up where the films left off. Emilio Estevez returns as Gordon Bombay and Lauren Graham joins the flock.
- Turner & Hooch is a buddy comedy starring Josh Peck and his partner, a sweet and slobbery mastiff.
- Devotees of the live-action sitcom It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia have reason to celebrate: Today we learned that FX has ordered four additional seasons of the series—smashing the record for the longest-running live-action sitcom in television history.
- The group also announced today that the first series adaptation of the sci-fi horror classic Alien is in development.
- Investor Day 2020 is the way to a host of thrilling announcements from Lucasfilm that look ahead to exciting Disney+ series and new feature films destined to expand the Star Wars galaxy like never before! Among the projects for Disney+ are Obi-Wan Kenobi, starring Ewan McGregor with Hayden Christensen returning as Darth Vader, and two series set in the Mandalorian era from Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni: Rangers of the New Republic and Ahsoka, a series featuring the fan favorite character Ahsoka Tano and starring Rosario Dawson.Additional new titles announced for Disney+ include Andor, Star Wars: The Bad Batch, Star Wars: Visions, Lando, The Acolyte, and A Droid Story.
- And fans are advised to set their coordinates for December 2023 and the next feature film in the Star Wars franchise: Rogue Squadron, to be directed by Patty Jenkins of the Wonder Woman franchise.
- Chip ‘N Dale: Rescue Rangers, a hybrid live action-animated film starring John Mulaney and Andy Samberg.
- Pinocchio, directed by Robert Zemeckis and starring Tom Hanks.
- We also learned today of the first-ever WDAS-produced animated series! New titles announced today, coming to Disney+, include Baymax, Zootopia+, Tiana, and Moana, The Series, as well as Iwájú, which will be produced in collaboration with the Pan-African comic book entertainment company Kugali.
The MCU’s exciting future includes three new series for Disney+: Secret Invasion, starring Samuel L. Jackson; Ironheart with Dominique Thorne as a genius inventor; and Armor Wars, starring Don Cheadle as James Rhodes aka War Machine who faces Tony Stark’s worst fears.
These, of course, are in addition to the studios’ robust lineup of Disney+ titles that includes WandaVision, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, and Loki; the animated series What If…?; Ms. Marvel; Hawkeye, with Hailee Steinfeld joining Jeremy Renner in the series; She-Hulk, starring Tatiana Maslany in the title role alongside co-stars Mark Ruffalo and Tim Roth; Moon Knight; Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special; and a series of original shorts, I Am Groot, featuring everyone’s favorite baby tree.
Today also brought the reveals of two feature films: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, the third feature in the Ant-Man franchise; and Fantastic Four, which introduces Marvel’s most iconic family. Marvel Studios’ upcoming feature films also include Black Widow, Shang Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings, Eternals, Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love and Thunder, Black Panther 2, Blade, Captain Marvel 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.
No comic or game of the week, stay tuned for our upcoming Godzilla review where we have some exciting board game and comic recommendations.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and our network Butwhytho at Trashed Talk Podcast and let us know you’re listening.
Or send us an email with a question for us to answer on the show at:
Or email Travis at email@example.com.
Give us a review on Itunes to help out the podcast.
- Theme song Grimmlock by AdhesiveWombat.
- Channel art by Ju5tpaul.
- Check out Austen’s comic review Instagram at austens_comic_corner_reviews.