In our second part of our New Mutants review, Austen and Travis from Trashed Talk Podcast, and our friend’s Brad and Becky from The Beer and Pretzel Podcast wrap up the show with some fun segments. To hear us review New Mutants in full, listen back to part 1 of our podcast.
Donate to support the treatment of childhood cancer around the world at stjude.org/butwhytho. For every $75 donated, Austen and Travis will eat a spoonful of The Bomb salsa.
Now that finished New Mutants review we have coming in future weeks for our Mob Movie Monday review of Donny Brasco, and Godzilla 1954, and Son of Godzilla.
- Comic of the week is Vision by Tom King! “Vision wants to be human, and what’s more human than family? So he heads back to the beginning – to the laboratory where Ultron created him as a weapon. The place where he first rebelled against his given destiny and imagined that he could be more – that he could be a man. There, he builds them. A wife, Virginia. Teenage twins, Viv and Vin. They look like him. They have his powers. They share his grandest ambition – or is that obsession? – the unrelenting need to be ordinary. Behold the Visions! Theirs is a story of togetherness and tragedy – one that will send the Android Avenger into a devastating confrontation with Earth’s Mightiest Heroes”. Listen to our first segment as Austen breaks down the comic a bit further, then goes into why Tom King’s comic book run influenced the new Disney+ Marvel show WandaVision. Wandavision will be taking a more surreal look at the Avengers couple, and we are all excited to see it.
- Game of the week is Sentinels of the Multiverse presented by Brad. A deck management card game, Sentinels of the Multiverse is a loving homage to all things comics. With cards designed to look like comic covers, characters that are mash-ups of your favorite superhero, and plenty of villains to combat, Sentinels is a must-have for fans of deck building/management games and comics. Our second game of the week is the original Luigi’s Mansion, recently played by Austen for his appearance on Gamesmymomfound.
- At The Movies with Trashed Talk Podcast: The segment where we recommend ourselves and the audience new movies and tv shows we’ve been checking out recently.
Travis’ recommendation is The Boys season 2.
Austen’s pick is Spike Jonze’s Being John Malkovich.
Becky recommends the silly show Mountain Monsters:
Brad goes for a surreal pick with Motorama.
Bryce’s Kino pick is Intellstella 555, the rock opera featuring music by Daft Punk.
- Then listen to the final segment of the show as Austen forces his guest’s into Duke it Out or Puke it Out, our movie/tv show debate segment. Who will win? Who should have won? Let us know!
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter at Trashed Talk Podcast, and let us know you’re listening.
Or send us an email with a question for us to answer on the show at:
Give us a review on Itunes to help out the podcast.
- Theme song Grimmlock by AdhesiveWombat.
- Channel art by Ju5tpaul.
- Check out Austen’s comic review Instagram at austens_comic_corner_reviews.