Ubisoft announced that a selection of the top sixteen Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six teams worldwide will compete for the title of World Champion in the 2020 edition of the Six Invitational, Rainbow Six Siege’s premier esports event. The fourth edition of the Six Invitational will bring together fans, professional players, developers, and content creators to celebrate Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege. Taking place from February 7 to 16 in Montreal, Canada, the birth city of the game, the Six Invitational 2020 will also feature exclusive insights on Year 5 Plans for Rainbow Six Siege from the development team.
This year’s championship features a new record prize pool cap of $3,000,000, with 30% of all revenue from the “Road to S.I. 2020” Battle Pass contributing to this record player prize pool. The ongoing Road to S.I. 2020 in-game event is still available until February 16, 2020 for those looking to get in on the action.
The Six Invitational 2020 will take place at the Place Bell in Montreal, Canada from February 7 to 16. The complete run of show and Event Guide of all things at Six Invitational can be found on the Rainbow Six Siege official website, with the daily competition schedule being as follows:
- February 7-9: Offline* Group stage starts.
- February 11-12: First two days of the Offline* Playoffs take place.
- Friday, February 14 (11:30am EST) to Sunday, February 16 (9:00pm EST): Last two days of the Playoffs and the Finals will take place at the venue.
*Offline: Not open to the public.
The Six Invitational 2020 will also feature announcements on Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Year 5 game updates, including but not limited to the upcoming Operation, insights from the development team behind Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six esports scene itself, during dedicated panels at the event.
Make sure to follow the competition on our broadcast channels to watch all competitive matches live and learn all the details on our major announcements and reveals as they happen: http://www.rainbow6.com/Live
Here is the complete list of the sixteen teams competing for the Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Year 4 World Champion title at the Six Invitational 2020, qualified via previous victories in the Rainbow Six official esports programs:
- Winners of the Six Major Raleigh: Team Empire (Europe)
- Winners of the DreamHack Montreal: TSM (North America)
- Pro League Season X Finals: Giants Gaming (Asia-Pacific)
- Pro League Season X Finals: Wildcard Gaming (Asia-Pacific)
- Pro League Season X Finals: Rogue (Europe)
- Pro League Season X Finals: Natus Vincere (Europe)
- Pro League Season X Finals: FaZe Clan (Latin America)
- Pro League Season X Finals: Ninjas in Pyjamas (Latin America)
- Pro League Season X Finals: DarkZero Esports (North America)
- Pro League Season X Finals: Team Reciprocity (North America)
- OGA PIT Minor: Team Liquid (Latin America)
- European Online Qualifier: BDS esport
- North American Online Qualifier: Spacestation Gaming
- Latin American Online Qualifier: MIBR
- Asia-Pacific Online Qualifier: Fnatic
- Invited: G2 Esports (Europe
In addition to the highly anticipated competition, the Six Invitational will also host the Road to SI – Creators Cup. Cheer on your favorite creators from around the world as they compete for a $20,000 CAD charity prize pool. Tune in every Sunday from January 26 to February 9 across all participating Creators’ Twitch channels to find out which two teams will compete onstage at the Six Invitational 2020 on Friday February 14. More information will be communicated at a later date.