It’s been an exciting year since Green Hell launched into Early Access in August 2018 and today independent Polish developer, Creepy Jar, happily announces that their massively successful Amazon-based survival game has officially launched into 1.0.
Originally an open world survival simulator set in an uncharted area of the Amazonian rainforest, you’re dropped in, equipped only with your bare hands and you have to learn actual survival techniques to build shelters, make tools, and craft weapons in order to hunt and defend yourself.
Having seen new and huge improvements and regular updates while in its Early Access phase, Green Hell now sees a ton of new features accompany this momentous launch. From an entirely new map area to new animals and custom difficulty settings, the 1.0 update is Green Hell’s largest yet.
Story Mode is one of the most anticipated features of all. With this update, Story Mode will test players in ways more than just their survival skills as they embark on a desperate mission to navigate the deadly Amazon rainforest and rescue their lost love, Mia.
In the year since Green Hell launched into Early Access, the team at Creepy Jar has worked continuously on improving the game alongside incorporating feedback from their dedicated community. The 1.0 launch is no exception, and you can find a detailed changelog on their Steam page to see a list of all the major additions in this update.
But, for now, here is a quick rundown of the Story Mode and 1.0 Update Additions to Green Hell.
- Story Mode! — How did you end up in the Amazon? What happened to your love, Mia? How can you escape? How can you survive? Seeking answers to these questions will take you to the brink of sanity as you rediscover well-known areas and discover new areas for the first time.
- New Map Areas — The lush rainforest of Green Hell gets even bigger with new Wetlands to explore. Also included, is an all-new in-game map!
- Perma-Death Difficulty — Gear up for the most ruthless challenge yet. There’s no coming back from death.
- New Graphics Options — Optimize your experience with new FOV, Vsync, antialiasing, texture quality, and shadow distance options.
- New Plants and Animals — Introducing the psychosis-inducing Psychotria Viridis, the Banisterposis Caapi, and the lethally poisonous Dart Frog.
- Decay Timer— Many items in the game will now start to wither and decay. Players will have to be vigilant learning to use their items before they expire.
- New Difficulty Levels (Tourist, King of the Jungle, Custom) — Have a problem with snakes? Maybe spiders? Introducing new difficulty options to turn tribes, predators, spiders, snakes, and the sanity meter on or off! Hate managing macroelements? Green Hell is also adding a depletion speed slider to adjust how quickly you need to replenish yourself.
Green Hell is now available on Steam at a list price of $24.99 USD