Today at Gamescom, Ubisoft announced that The Settlers will release on PC in 2020 and revealed more details about the Glory winning strategy, as well as brand new gameplay features. Led by Volker Wertich, the original creator of the franchise, and developed by Ubisoft Düsseldorf, the latest version of The Settlers brings back the best, modernized elements from previous The Settlers titles, combining them with brand new features and gameplay systems. The Settlers is available for pre-order now on UPLAY+, Ubisoft’s subscription service.via Ubisoft Store and the Epic Games Store, and will be available on
The Settlers can be played both in PVE and PVP, and features three modes for players to enjoy: Campaign, Skirmish and Multiplayer. Powered by Ubisoft’s Snowdrop engine, the game will use the new procedural map generation technology of landscapes and missions, bringing to players an authentic sense of discovery, exploration and uniqueness.
Players who immerse themselves in The Settlers’ colourful open world will discover stunning visuals and the innumerable details of the Wuselig, or bustling, feeling, specific to the brand’s DNA.
Among the features in the upcoming installment, The Settlers will offer alternative methods of victory. First is The Combat strategy in which players control full armies of different units, taking on and defeating enemy armies to take over or defend their territory. With special units such as army leaders can have a positive effect on their troops.
You can also using The Glory strategy where players select a hero character who will fight in the arena against the enemy. Once a player initiates a battle, spectators representing both sides will gather at the arena to watch the battle. Winning a fight can lead to dissatisfaction among the defeated party. This however can lead to revolts, allowing the player to take over the enemy territory.
And finally, you can secure victory with The Faith strategy which allows players to inspire Faith amongst Settlers and will be detailed at a later date.
On top of that, Ubisoft revealed the editions of the game at Gamescom:
- includes the base game. Players will sail towards the unknown, explore, conquer, and settle new islands in a brand new medieval fantasy world. Players can enjoy their experience playing solo or with friends with the new online multiplayer mode offering thrilling skirmishes for long-lasting fun.
- : allows players access to the game three days earlier, the Expansion One “Monuments & Merchants” and two decoration items, the Gazebo of Tranquility and the Wishing Well.
- The Settlers® Entdecker Edition, a unique physical pack only available in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Poland, will offer to lucky owners the following assets in addition to the base game:
- One in-game decoration item: Gazebo of Tranquility
- Three Lithographs illustrating Settlers heroes’ adventures
- Original selected soundtrack
available in Germany, Switzerland and Austria offers the most complete experience with access to the game three days earlier, Expansion One, physical items and more:
- A Numbered Collector’s Box (5,000 copies)
- One Artbook with stunning artworks
- Two in-game decoration items: the Gazebo of Tranquility and the Wishing Well
- Three Lithographs
- One letter from Volker Wertich, the original creator
- Flower Seeds
- Original selected soundtrack
Additionally, players who pre-order the game will get an exclusive decorative Statue of the First Settlers, which can be placed in any of your settlements. For further details about the different editions and offers for the game, please visit