So, after 5 years, I’m finally working on a Destiny cosplay. My first attempt at forming the helmet (on right) left me a bit disheartened. It was lopsided and the lines weren’t very clean. So, I decided to spend another three hours making another helmet (on left). The below pictures are where I’m at with the new helmet. I’m much more pleased with this one. I still have a lot to do, but the ground work is laid. This is my first foam helmet project (I’ve made masks before but never a full helmet)and it really goes to show that costume-making is a long process filled with many failures. Overcoming and learning from these failures only makes you a better costume-maker.
At some point, I’ll be throwing a tutorial up on how to make a helmet out of EVA foam. Stay tuned